Can I create a new unlisted album?

Jan 28, 2012 at 6:15 AM
Edited Jan 28, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I would like to use this SmugMugModel api (from this codebase) to backup my pictures in a windows service.  I'd like to create a new unlisted (Public == false) album.  I am not concerned about categories or anything, I just want to get my pictures uploaded using "Other" (category) into an unlisted gallery.

Is there a way to create a new unlisted album without creating a public one and then updating it to Public = false?  I am not sure there is.  I "played" around and added (to my copy) of MyUser...

public Album CreateAlbum(Album album, bool Unique, string Extras)

{

album.basic = basic;

return album.Create(Unique, Extras);

}

Can I submit a patch for this?  It seems that we should be able to add a new album with properties set in one "pass".  There could be some limitations/constraints added to an Album that has not been retrieved from the server or not allow certain properties to be set...  perhaps not allow category (or any dependent property) to be set, or only set using a "category" object.

Sorry if this is wasting time...  I have not looked at the api in detail.

Coordinator
Feb 1, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Hi David,

On the Album class, there is a method Create which you can use. This is the method that is being used in the CreateAlbum method from MyUser, but there I don't make use of all the properties the Album class has.

So you can create an album, set everything you want (you will have to set something like album.basic = myuser.basic)  and then do something like album.Create();

I will consider adding another method to myUser to create an album unlisted, but I don't know if it's worth it yet. It seems that there is a lot of code already and you can do this in different ways. And I don't think that many people actually use it.

Thanks,

Maria

May 9, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I'm interested in the same thing (I'd also like to set other fields that are in the API, such as turning on sorting, Description, etc.

However I'd be satisfied simply being able to change an Album from Public=true to Public=false (after creating it).  Is that possible via this toolkit?